Supporters like you have made miracles happen over the past 20 years:
- Restoring Thomas Cole’s interior designs and hand-painted borders
- Reconstructing the 1846 New Studio
- Inventing the idea of “Skywalk” to connect our site with Olana
- Launching the careers of 40 young scholars through the Cole Fellows program
- Celebrating the 200th anniversary of Thomas Cole’s arrival in America in partnership with Yale University and The Metropolitan Museum of Art The
Today, the Thomas Cole Site is an international destination and community anchor that embraces change and continually pursues excellence. Our exhibitions travel the country and open minds, our publications serve as a worldwide source for new scholarship, our innovative education programs nurture new creativity, and our Cole Fellows manifest the next generation of museum professionals. This important work engages the community with key issues – such as our stewardship of the land – that will shape the future of society.
We are nearing an announcement of transformative projects that will dramatically increase our service to the community:
- To reshape our campus for the future while enhancing its historic beauty
- To reveal the diverse community that made Thomas Cole’s artwork possible
- To engage children across the country with digital learning tools
- To create new experiences that expand what a historic house museum can be. Please join us in fulfilling this historic site’s extraordinary promise.