Join Our Team
Executive Director Elizabeth B. Jacks and Curator Kate Menconeri
Working at the Thomas Cole National Historic Site is to be part of a team of excited and committed professionals, each with his or her own role to play in realizing our collective goals. There are several ways to become part of our operation, which are listed below. We look forward to welcoming you.
Now Hiring – Development Associate
The Thomas Cole National Historic Site (TCNHS) is now hiring for a full time position of Development Associate, reporting to the Director of External Relations. The TCNHS is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial organization that offers ample opportunity to learn, grow, and take on more responsibilities over time. The position is open immediately.
Essential functions and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate, plan and execute all aspects of events; including outreach, educational, and fundraising; both at the TCNHS and off-site. Coordinate with all departments for tailored event needs. Create checklist of tasks for each event and ensure all tasks are completed.
- Utilize the Raiser’s Edge NXT database software to track RSVPs for all events and coordinate check-in process.
- Oversee and grow the membership program – defined as annual gifts under $1000; design levels and benefits at each level, oversee membership materials and mailings including the newsletter and annual report, increase overall membership revenue.
- Recruit, cultivate, train and oversee volunteers for all organizational needs.
- Oversee the design and production of all printed materials as well as emailed invitations.
- Serve as point of contact for rentals of the TCNHS facilities for outside events including weddings.
- Serve as point of contact for guest speakers; execute contracts.
The ideal candidate must be a graduate of a four-year college degree program and have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and the ability to prioritize and track many projects at once. Experience with special events is essential, and non-profit experience is a plus. The successful candidate will have a cheerful and positive outlook and the energy to enjoy an environment with many changes and rapid growth. This is a full-time positon with some benefits offered. Salary DOE.
Please submit (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter explaining why you are qualified and interested in the position, and (3) contact information for at least three professional references via e-mail to email@example.com.