The Thomas Cole National Historic Site welcomes groups to visit the historic home, studios, and grounds of Thomas Cole in Catskill, New York. Group visits are welcome by advance appointment from June through October, Tuesday – Sunday. We offer two options for large groups: Explore at Your Own Pace Visits and Guided Tour Visits (each defined below). Please email us for more information and to book your tour as early as possible to secure your date of choice (booking information below).
*Groups of 12 or fewer people are welcome to visit the Main House during regular hours of operation without a group reservation. We recommend that you buy your tickets in advance using our online ticketing page, as tours do sell out. Groups of more than 12 people should make advance arrangements (see below).
Explore At Your Own Pace Group Visit
(Tues–Sun, 2 pm–5 pm) June through October
Groups of any size wishing to explore the Main House and Old Studio may schedule a self-guided visit from June through October, Tuesday – Sunday, between the hours of 2 pm and 5 pm. Knowledgeable museum educators are at the ready to welcome you into each space, and a guide booklet is available. A tailored introduction to the site upon your group’s arrival is available upon request.
Rates: Explore at Your Own Pace Group Visit tickets are $14 per person (peak season pricing in October is $16 per person). Discounts (such as senior and student discounts) apply. Admission to the grounds is always free of charge.
Guided Tour Group Visits
(Tues–Sun, 10 am–1 pm) June through October
Groups of more than 12 people may schedule a guided visit from June through October, Tuesday – Sunday, between the hours of 10am and 1pm. We offer two guided group tour options: Regular Guided Tours and Custom Guided Tours:
Regular Guided Tour
Groups are guided through the Main House & Old Studio by knowledgeable museum educators.
Regular Guided Tour Rates:
- Guided Tour of Main House & Old Studio with an educator: $14 per person (peak season pricing in October is $16 per person). Admission to the grounds is always free of charge. When you reserve and visit as a group, we do not charge any additional fee for the educators and administrative staff that facilitate your group, so we do not offer discounted admission, such as the senior discount.
Custom Guided Tour
Groups are guided through the Site by Members of Senior Staff
Custom Tours are led by senior staff members. Your tour may cover specific areas depending on the interests of your group. Such topics might include the historic interior decoration and furnishings; a focus on a particular exhibition; or a behind the scenes look at the innovative Parlors installation. Availability of Custom Tours is limited, particularly during October, so please plan ahead. Custom tours are available May–October, Tuesday–Friday.
Custom Guided Tour Options & Rates:
- Private tour of Main House & Old Studio with an educator. Introduction by senior staff member: $20 per person. $200 minimum.
- Private tour of Main House & Old Studio with an educator. Special exhibition tour by senior staff member: $35 per person. $350 minimum.
- Private tour of Main House & Old Studio with a senior staff member: $45 per person. $450 minimum.
- Private tour of Main House, Old Studio, & special exhibition by senior staff member: $55 per person. $500 minimum.
Guided Group Tour Visits require a minimum of 2 hours on site. For the Main House portion, groups of more than 12 will be split up. Please note that there are several flights of stairs.
To make a reservation, or request more information, contact Heather Paroubek via email at email@example.com. Please supply the following information:
- The type of group visit in which you are interested
- The number of people in your group
- The preferred date and time of your visit
- A contact name
Motor Coach Logistics
Bus parking is available in the adjacent parking lot that is shared with Temple Israel, accessible from Spring Street. Please drive all the way into the lot and park in the upper portion, and turn off the engine.